Check out www.Jennifermosher.com

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The beauty of a power nap!

Edgar Watson Howe once said, "the feeling of sleepiness when you are not in bed, and can't get there, is the meanest feeling in the world."

I already talked about this on another blog but I'll say it again, the sleep disorder is definitely the cruelest part of TBI. I'm not tired so I can't sleep. I'm too tired so I can't sleep. What's the difference?

I've really learned the beauty of a power nap since my injury. Sometimes I rest my eyes for as little as one minute in the oddest places (the toilet, the elevator, the car - when someone else is driving of course). But these rest breaks help me get through the day and help me make it through moments where I long for my bed but can't get there.

1 comment:

HiccupMeL said...

Hey J-MO! Shalicia told me about your site. Good for you. You're my hero, you know that? Blogs are addicting... I like overloaded when I started mine. I've relaxed a bit lately. Hope you're having a great day!