Check out

Thursday, September 24, 2009

"I've heard of you..."

...and that's a direct quote, which proves without a doubt that my grassroots marketing campaign is working!
Tonight I went to the brain injury support group meeting at Intermountain Neuro Rehab. The speaker was a physical therapist who specializes in neuro rehab. She's passionate about health and fitness, and so am I (which means I loved her presentation). After the meeting, I talked to her about my published book and she said, and I quote, "Wait! I've heard of you!"
This was like music to my ears because it means that the word is getting out. People in Utah's brain injury community have heard of me and my story. AND THIS, this is 100% the purpose of my book: to spread the word about brain injury. Okay, admittedly it's 90% of the purpose. The other 10% is for my own sanity, and for my own need as a human being to understand what happened to me, and to document my experience.

I sold three books tonight. Once people see my flashy cover, they are sold.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Only 7 more days to get 10% off...

Remember to order my book BEFORE 11:59 EST on September 30th to get 10% off your order!

order at

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I am becoming a thick Amazon woman!!!

Please read the beautiful reviews on

I'm so honored, and they make ME want to buy the book "The Smile on My Forehead: Memoir of My Life With a Brain Injury." (except I already own several copies)

Friday, September 11, 2009

...the market is booming!

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't mean the stock market. Nor do I mean the global market. I mean my MEMOIR MARKET!

My grassroots marketing plan is working!

1. A local book club is reading my book, and I'm presenting at their meeting
2. A reporter from Deseret News is going to read it. (Hopefully he'll write about it!)
3. Thanks to everyone who has written about it in their personal blogs or on their Facebook status
4. Now available on
5. Copies available at the October Utah Brain Injury Association Conference
6. THREE Minnesota book signings
8. October 6 appearance at Sister Kenny Institute in Minneapolis

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Yesterday in San Francisco ... I really hurt myself!

Not in a bad way. I mean usually this is the kind of hurt I love. Call me crazy, but it's the kind of hurt that comes with lifting weights or after a really good, long run (I hate running, so I don't know why I even used that example). I like to hurt my muscles with exercise. Good. Strong. Fitness.

But, today I feel like someone whipped me with a metal jack-hammer. Theoretically, I guess someone did. Except this wasn't your typical jack-hammer. This weapon was a 5'3 little Asian woman, born and raised in Thailand, who walked and pressed on my body with her feet. I'm not kidding. My bruised body is the result of a massage; a Thai Massage.

This woman, who barely spoke English, except when she said, "too much pressure?" after hearing me moan, and "you don't want pillow?" as I readjusted the pillows and blanket underneath me.

I'm your biggest fan of massage. But, 90 minute Thai Massage? Not so much. I may feel differently if I'd taken the time to warm my muscles up for an hour or two just before my appointment.

OUCH. OUCH. OUCH. However, I feel the need to try it again. My mom and sister with me thought their massage was W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L. Why didn't I? Feeling jipped and physically hurt is all. I'm going to yoga soon. Maybe that will undo what she did and help to relax my tightened muscles.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Order my book TODAY for 10% off!

if you haven't already, you can order my book for 10% off at by entering LULUBOOK

Please order? I'm in a sales contest for the month of September. I win great recognition if I sell more books than anyone else in the contest. Only. for. September.
(sorry, $5 download won't help me win the contest).