The following five "Ways to boost your will power" are from the Dr. Daniel Amen video that I just watched (and I'm currently reading his book). STATEMENTS IN PARENTHESIS ARE ADDED BY ME.
5 Ways to Boost Your Will Power
1. Maintain healthy blood sugar (don't let yourself starve. If you are like me, you become ornery and can't think straight when you're hungry).
2. Get good sleep (everyone should get 7-9 hours every night. don't kid yourself into believing that you are just 'one of those people who can get by on 4-5 hours').
3. Have clearly stated, reinforced goals.
4. You have to practice will power (practice telling yourself 'no' and over time it will become easier for you).
5. Balance your brain chemistry (fish oil does wonders).