Check out www.Jennifermosher.com

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fish Oil is Brain Food

After my recent brain research, I've come to the conclusion that a healthy brain is fed two things:

1. Exercise
2. Fish Oil

John Medina, author of "Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School," calls exercise COGNITIVE CANDY. It is like an energy boost for the brain (that's how I think of it).

According to a study from Louisiana State University in September 2005, fish oil may help protect the brain from cognitive problems. Dr. Daniel Amen says that taking a fish oil supplement can increase healthy blood flow to your body and to your brain.

I'd write more, but I have to go now and take my daily fish oil supplement.

2 comments:

April and Jacque said...

my kids love fish oil- they call it "fishies"

Anonymous said...

I'm taking the fish oil, only I take the odorless kind.
LM