Check out www.Jennifermosher.com

Sunday, August 1, 2010

My One Origami Wish: make my TBI disappear


An ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane, such as long life or recovery from illness or injury. The crane in Japan is one of the mystical or holy creatures (others include the dragon and the tortoise), and is said to live for a thousand years. In Asia, it is commonly said that folding 1000 paper origami cranes makes a person's wish come true. This makes them popular gifts for special friends and family.

The Brain Injury Association of Minnesota (my home state!) has a goal to collect 100,000 folded origami cranes! WOW.

How can you help? Unless you are interested in folding origami cranes yourself, I'd love it if you could help in the following way:


1. Fellow TBI Survivor (from MN too!) is folding 1,000 cranes (a bold move) and has developed her own fundraiser to donate $1,000 to this project ($1 for each crane, an even bolder move).


2. Go HERE to donate (any little bit helps, she has just over $300 left to go)


On behalf of the 1.7 million people who sustain a Traumatic Brain Injury each year, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

2 comments:

Pete said...

Without your brain injury who would Jennifer Mosher be?

I feel I have a license to say this because my "noodle" is also a little overcooked.

Sometimes (most times) life sucks with a TBI but I a can look back and say that I love who I have become :)

Kristy said...

It's nice to see other blogs about TBI's. And to see that the things I go through aren't 'all in my head' (as the IME doctors are so quick to say).

I look forward to reading your older posts and I truly hope that the Origami endeavor works for you. If it does, I'll be happy to fold 1000 of them myself because I'd like to be rid of all of the injuries from being hit by a guy who 'wasn't paying attention' and ran a red light on a highway. :(