Check out www.Jennifermosher.com

Monday, July 26, 2010

A wonderful community health connection

The Community Health Connection is a newsletter update on health in Western Nebraska.

What is there to connect with in Western Nebraska, besides small farming towns that raise corn, soybeans, and wheat? And wait, I can't forget about the University of Nebraska's famous football team - winning FIVE national championships (anyone who knows me is probably wondering how I knew that football fact - hey, I know more than you think). Well, it is a well-known fact that the amazing Regional West Medical Center is in Scottsbluff, Nebraska - which is also WESTERN Nebraska!

Today, as one of three Level II Trauma Centers in the state, Regional West provides 24-hour emergency and trauma care for patients throughout the Nebraska panhandle and eastern Wyoming. The 180-bed facility is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations

MOST IMPORTANTLY, it is the place that kicked off my rehabilitation from a Traumatic Brain Injury. Not to be dramatic, but I credit it as the place where my life was saved. Writer Teresa Clark highlights my experience in a recent newsletter. It's beautiful and inspiring (even for me to read).

Read the article HERE

No comments: