Check out www.Jennifermosher.com

Monday, August 27, 2012

My secret fear

(I wrote this post months ago, more like a journal entry, and never posted it. I stumbled upon it again the other day, and decided to go ahead and let any bloggers read my journal entry. Please note: since first writing this post, I've made more great strides in my capacity to feel "normal" again -- better, deeper sleep, greater endurance, and just plain-old happier. I'm not so frightened about motherhood as I was when I wrote this).

I'm pretty comfortable in my TBI skin (after 17 years). My strategies are in-tact, so my life works. I have a job. I play. I date. I travel. I exercise. I feel happy.

That being said, there is one thing that I long for, one thing missing from my almost-complete-life, and although I know this dream will come true, I'm frightened about doing it with a TBI.

The dream: motherhood

Victoria Tilney McDonough, editor at BrainLine.org recently, suggested I read the following article and it really helped me to feel better. I know that I just need to trust my abilities to manage my injury.

I'd love comments. Especially those from other parents.

1 comment:

Brent Mosher said...

Hi Jen - I think that "aunt hood" proves that motherhood is right up your alley. Your four nieces and nephews love their Aunt Jen!
Thanks for posting.
Your bro - Brent