Check out www.Jennifermosher.com

Saturday, January 22, 2011

A great article from Wash Post (about Giffords and TBI)

I'm keeping tabs on the status of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' recovery, and I found T.H.E. B.E.S.T article and T.H.E. M.O.S.T R.E.A.L.I.S.T.I.C article about TBI. Although many of the articles brush over the fact that Ms. Giffords has a Traumatic Brain Injury, this is the first one I've found that really discusses the parts of her brain that may be injured, and gives readers specific rehabilitation exercises that may be used for her brain to rebuild itself.

Here's a teaser: "One of the things about traumatic brain injury is that recovery can go on for an extended period of time," said Michael R. Yochelson, a neurologist at National Rehabilitation Hospital in Washington. "We leave the book open."

To read the rest of this wonderful article, click HERE

1 comment:

SHELLS BELLS! said...

I read the article and was going to send it to you and then saw your blog post. Well written with so much great info on TBI!