Check out www.Jennifermosher.com

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My brain used to deteriorate every day at 3 pm . . .

. . . now it usually happens at 9 or 10 pm. My head hurts so badly and I feel a relentless preasure pounding at my temples that I just wish I could cut my head off and set it aside for a while.

It's a horrible, horrible feeling.

Fortunately, I've learned how to manage my brain injury so I don't feel like this as often. Here are my strategies:

1. I try to go to bed by 10 pm or earlier every night (admitedly it's more like 10:30 to 11:30 but I try).
2. Exercise at the gym 3-4 times per week but NOT after 4 pm (sometimes I will do Yoga at 7 pm).
3. Eat healthy - mostly fruits, vegetables, and whole grains (truth-be-told, I'm a sucker for the Pretzel Passion cookies at my work and lots of other treats).
4. I sleep with my window open (lower body temp=deeper sleep). My mom taught me this one.
5. I know my limits and I'm perfectly willing to say NO if think something will be too much for me.

See, there are exceptions to everything. I wish I could eat healthy all the time, but the Pretzel Passion cookies at work are too good to pass up (besides I can buy them for 20% off) and I wish I didn't get so ridiculously tired from a normal day that I can't particpate in some evening activities.
Right now, I really wish I wasn't laying here at 10:49 pm writing on my blog when I should be sleeping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen! Go to bed! I know what you mean though...I always want to go to bed early but find myself up late, late, late! You are awesome. Such an inspiration!! Love ya!