Check out www.Jennifermosher.com

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Regular aerobic exercise is good for the brain, Pitt team says

Regular aerobic exercise is good for the brain, Pitt team says

Sometimes I wonder if exercise, combined with nutrition, is a cure-all for everything.


Before my brain injury, I exercised what I thought was a lot. I belonged to a gym during college and I'd go five times per week . . . once every six months, and sporadically in between. I was your average, super-busy-I-know-I-should-go-to-the-gym-but-I'm-too-tired college student. Who has the time for exercise?

After my brain injury, I searched high and low for something, anything to relieve my constant brain overloadness (I know that's not a word, but it makes the most sense right now).

Consistent fitness gave me the relief I was looking for! Consistent is the operative word

Now I make time to exercise as it makes my brain feel better. I look at my fitness classes at the gym as my 2nd job. I wouldn't just not show up to work one day, therefore I wouldn't just not show up to the gym on class days. It's all about commitment and habit.

No comments: