Check out www.Jennifermosher.com

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Late Loud and Large (thanks Britta!)

The other day I was at a small party and had just met this woman who, in the midst of conversation, said "Things are difficult for my family right now because my brother was severely injured in a motorcylce accident."

Accident? Injury? I perked up - "What are his injuries?" I asked.

"Well he's brain injured, among other things," she answered.

"I have a brain injury!" (those five words don't scare and depress me as much as they used to).

We had a short conversation about the different ways a TBI can affect a survivor. My friend Britta, also involved in the conversation, articulated the effects in THREE words and I love it (thanks Britta):
Late Loud Large

Bottom-line, TBI survivors should avoid situations that can be described by two or three of these words (one is usually okay for me).

example: You are invited to an event that starts very late, with lots (large) of noisy (loud) people. This situation will probably cause excessive cognitive exhaustion so stay away!! (personal experience)

3 comments:

HeidiTri's said...

The 3 L's. I love it, and with your permission, I'm going to pass it on to a few people I know. I like that it is direct and to the point.

Jennifer Mosher said...

No problem! I love it for the same reason! Pass it on. . .

Anonymous said...

This is awesome Jen. Do I get any royalties? Oh, and I think my two pretty major concussions qualify me to use the three L's too! I love you Jen! BN