Check out www.Jennifermosher.com

Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm on a marketing rage

Marketing my book is more fun to me than was writing it. Maybe I should have picked marketing or PR as my college major?

I'm up really late tonight, I mean late since I already took a sleeping pill and I'm fighting my "need" to crawl in my bed, because I just sent my press release to two different people. One may have a connection with the Minneapolis Star Tribune Newspaper, and next week I have to call the AP office to find out who specifically I should send my information to at the Associated Press. This publishing thing is an entirely new world.

I learned, however, that most newspapers or magazine have a policy against writing a book review about a self-published book. Understandable but still dumb. So You have to find someone to write a feature story about you, and then mention your book at the end. I think this is how it works, but I'm learning as I go.

Anyone have any connections at any paper? Hey, I wonder if I should send my press release to a newspaper in Nebraska!

2 comments:

Kate said...

You totally should send it to Nebraska.I have absolutely no connections but I will keep my eyes and ears open.

Linda said...

Good job, Jen! Marketing seems so challenging for me...I just don't quite get it, but it sounds like you have a knack for it. Can't wait to see where it takes you!