Check out www.Jennifermosher.com

Saturday, April 11, 2009

I’m kind of a pretentious chef


I was asked to bring a dessert to Easter dinner tomorrow, and decided to make a fruit tart. Why didn't I think of just picking up an apple pie at Marie Callendar's? It's only a couple blocks from my home! Probably because I'm really not a pie fan. Second of all, I like to make really good food. Make. Good. Food. Those three words are synonymous when they're in the same sentence. I can't have one without the other. This is where the pretentious part comes in. It's not that I'm that picky of an eater. I'm a picky baker. There is a difference.
So I'm making a white chocolate fruit tart. I found the recipe on Allrecipes.com and everyone raves about it. Hopefully it will turn out.
Someone else could make a bad fruit tart and I wouldn't even bat an eyelash. But if I make and bring a bad fruit tart, I feel disappointed. I'm only pretentious about food that I make myself.
Tonight I made only the crust and white chocolate, cream cheese, whipping cream filling. Tomorrow I'll put on the fruit and glaze (the only reason I know to do this is because it told me so on Allrecipes.com. It prevents the crust from becoming soggy and sucking all the juice from the fruit).
On another note, I've been jamming to my iPod this whole time, while writing and baking and the song Beat It by Fall Out Boy (featuring John Mayer) is currently playing. I'll take that as a sign and BEAT IT (stop writing). Ironically, the Fall Out Boy concert in Salt Lake City is this coming Monday!

No comments: